Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mahalo!

I had a great time this weekend making several cards you will see in the near future.  I have been wanting to color up this cutie since I got her.  Birdbrain Hula Chick is the perfect image for a thank you card I will be sending a friend on the mainland after I visit later this month.  



I colored her with Copic Markers and added some Liquid Pearls to the center of the flowers.  The kuikui nut lei was colored and then highlighted with Glossy Accents.  They almost look like the real thing!   The little beach scene was created with a Silhouette cut file and dies from Lawn Fawn and paper scraps.  The sentiment is from a local stamp company called Rubber Stamp Plantation.

I have decided to take a leap and throw my name in the hat for the From the Heart DT call.  They are looking for designers for a 6 month term.  It just seems so serendipitous that I fell head over heals in love with these cute images and just recently was introduced to Faith Skradla's delightful designs.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?  

So...I hope you all have a wonderful week in store.  We have a hurricane (will probably turn into a tropical storm, I pray) that looks to be heading directly toward the major Hawaiian Islands.  I'm praying for a nice bit of rain only.  Thanks for checking in, would love to visit you in return.

Aloha,
Brenda

I would like to enter the following challenge:

Bastel-Traum Summer Challenge

8 comments:

  1. You should do very well at securing a DT position at From the Heart with a fabulous card like this Brenda!! Love the bird brains and the pigwits are gorgeous too. Good Luck!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s such a lovely Card, Brenda !! The scene you have created fits perfectly with Hula Chick Birdbrain. The waves, the Palm trees, colors - everything fits so nicely together. Love it !!

    Thank you for your participation in our DT Call @ From the Heart Stamps and I wish you the best of luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one cute Hula Chick :) I think that From the Heart would be very blessed to have you as a part of their team and I hope you get that spot. Stay safe I shall pray for that hurricane to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Such a cute little scene you've created, love the layout and die cut trees. Beautifully done! Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely scene, so beautifully put together.
    Thank you for entering the DT call, good luck!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, this is adorable! I love the scene you created with paper behind the image, it's so creative! And your coloring is awesome! Your card is so well put together, using color and different elements to create a pleasing design. Thanks so much for linking up to the DT call!!
    Best wishes to you!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cleverly created!!! Love all the beautiful paper piecing and coloring! Thanks for entering the FTHS DT Call. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha... this is so a cute card and you coloring is stuning... Thanks so much for joining us at bastel-traum. Please feel free to visit us again, can't wait for more inspiration from you... Your card is selected, which position? Curious? Than you know where you find us :) best wishes Ute bastel-traum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or answer any questions. I pray your day is full of all you love!

Releasing the Inner Designer

The newest Frantic Stamper release is all about the home.  You can see the entire collection here .  The dies I've used today have allow...

Popular Posts